Brochure for historic house in Edmond
Plan rendering for Hafer Park
Proposal and final plan for rebuilt OC Art Department
Calendar newsletter for City Arts Center
Map to Art Deco lectures in Tulsa
Logo for Graphic Design 1 class
Student-requested, the mark represents Jim's in-class teaching style: Student asks a question, Jim responds with another question, student discovers answer.
1987, 1988, 1990? just a blank card-stock, 1991 cover of newsletter. 1985 illustration by Garry Lewis, Brookhaven College, 1987 Change of Address card
Identity for Sarah Martin
Worksheets for Robert Mondavi wine sales
Addition to PHP Church
Areas of concern
• Lack of parking
• Poor sense of entry from main Parking lot
• Poor sense of order, maze of hallways
• Inadequate gym/Family Activity Center
• Poor connection to nature, vistas
• Visitors, first time users, guests
• Infrequent churchgoer/member
• Regular, frequent churchgoer/member
Objectives for new plan
• Provide connection to:
1. Fellow members: worshippers, users, social functions
2. Nature: sky, clouds, earth, trees
3. God: heavens, spirituality, uplifting
• Create a sense of entry; welcoming, inviting, clear
• Provide open gathering expanse, vista, light, free space
• Create a sense of order; symmetry, balance, alignment, comfort
St. Louis History Museum floor plan, Forest Park, August 1989
• Spaces closed to the public are greyed out to visually clarify accessibility.
• Lower level stairs are drawn more accurately to better show how to get to the restrooms.
• Gallery names are printed within the galleries to avoid adding another step of translating codes to the legend. There is no need to require the viewer to look back and forth between the plan and the legend. make the info easy to find and easy to read.
The museum responded to my submitted suggestions and agreed to incorporate them into the new guide.
Sketch of personal tombstone 1980s